Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Flower Pot...

Last Valentine’s he gave me a flower pot with a very tiny seedling. He said he will NEVER give me flower bouquets on Valentine’s.  According to him, the whole bouquet or single rose thing was a rather ironic way to show a woman how much she is loved. You see, if the very bouquet represents a guy’s love for his girl, then would the whole feeling eventually die after (what?) a week? A month? Nevertheless, would the whole feeling die in eventuality? “Funny way to show love”, he added.

That was when he thought of buying me that flower pot.

You see, like this seedling, my love for you will grow but you also have to do your part. Water it, bask it in the sun, protect it from pests, hide it from the storm, talk to it, give it a larger pot when it grows. And when this seedling grows into the plant that it is to become, you will be proud to marvel at its beauty. That, my dear, is how much I love you.  I love you because of the things you do. I love you because with you, I grow. I love you because, though I was never really something that’s wrapped in pretty paper, you accepted me, protected me and took care of me during the 364 un-Valentine’s days of each year. I was once a seedling, and because of the love that you’ve given me, I am now (or will soon be) a tree that is marveled by all those around me.”

Happy Valentine's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment