Saturday, February 4, 2012

Lunatic and proud

It is common knowledge that the, euphemistically, old (meaning, not anymore used in the professional field due to its eventual degrading connotation) psychological diagnosis dubbed as "Lunatic" is rooted from the word "Luna", Lunar, thus, the Moon. Lunatics are then diagnosed as those of full jest ONLY when the moon is present in the night sky. Moonstruck as they call it. Brings about the irregular and abrupt change in human behavior basically because as the moon controls the earth's tides through gravity, it also does the same to the human anatomy being 70% water and all.

Makes me think really, who doesn't go loonie by the very sight of the moon? I mean, it's the largest thing in the night sky! Some days it smirks, then smiles (reminds me of the Cheshire cat), then balls up and poof! gone just like that!

Three days before the full moon, thus, I've decided to open my curtains tonight (same routine I do whenever I see the Moon voyeuring its way outside my bedroom window) and welcome the majesty of good old Luna's light prancing around my bedroom.

Yes, I'm a proud lunatic. Heck, I'd even worship the old rock for just being awesome floating around us and shit! I'm a big fat lunatic that even my feminine cycle is in sync with the moon's monthly cycle (insignificant information, I know!).

But yes, generally, the moon will always be an obvious mystery. A two-faced stranger lit up by reflection from a far more majestic entity, the sun. Pink Floyd even pointed out that there is indeed "no dark side of the moon" due to the very fact that it is "all dark". So may it be mystery, a source of witchcraft and sorcery, the life source of vampires and lycanthropes, or just a plain old splendor of science living in symbiotic relationship with our very own Gaia, the Moon will always be (literally) our light in the night.

So to end this entry, I thus quote Khal Drogo (from the Game of Thrones): "Yer jallan atthari anni". The Moon of my life. Precisely because only the moon can bring light to the dark of the night just as Daenerys Targaryen was to his sadistic Dorthraki ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment