Thursday, March 8, 2012

Not like the movies...

I learn a lot from movies. Especially from those mainly casted by graphically animated animals and in-animate toys. But perhaps the most important lesson I have learned from a movie is from The Big Fish.

Finding true love, making the past memorable, fighting in a war, going on a crazy adventure and, yes, even religion and politics. Ed Bloom thus narrated that although the parrots in Africa could not speak English, they could indeed speak the most fluent of French. The same parrots talk about almost everything EXCEPT religion and politics, why? Because you never know who you’d offend.

Very well said, I must say, if only the people would listen. I mean, it’s all over the news. Morality versus practicality. Legality versus Spiritual salvation. Whatever happened to Church separated from the State and v/v?

Just today, I’ve “re-watched” the critically acclaimed film (and novel) The Da Vinci Code. Critically acclaimed, yes but the whole fiction was thus “banned” by most Catholic sectors. And then again, I would not want to mock the belief about “not discussing politics and religion” but here’s a mouthful:

Religion is politics. Politics is religion.

Simple semantics. Whether we’re offended or not, both terms are eternally bound to be discussed. Why? Because both are human, doomed either to oblivion or sheer excommunication. Politics and Religion are earthly mortal terms both complicating perhaps the only immortal term in all the known realms… God.

I love my God and whether He be defined by science or not, I will always believe in him.

I love His Son, Jesus Christ, and whether he be mortal, a patriarch, a husband, or partially a sinner like all of us, I will ALWAYS believe in Him.

It does not matter really, just as politics and religion are not to be discussed anywhere, it does not matter, why? Because we are human. Imperfect souls, ignorant and hungry. And as long as we stay human, we question, we object, we believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment