Saturday, March 3, 2012

Saving everything for the airwaves..

Every once in a while I get (figuratively) attacked by a sudden urge of writing my heart out in, particularly, the oddest parts of my usual everyday routine. Mostly while I’m on the potty, or that moment when I seemingly close my eyes before a sneeze or, very very frequently, that millisecond interval of my last blink from being awake to being asleep. As you might have rationalized by now, the mentioned scenarios apparently lead to eventual mental oblivion, thus, goodbye new composition.

This one right here is no different, only this time, the urge was stimulated by a song. Yes, 3-ish minutes of non-stop trance and literal vocabulary meltdown. So, like any other canny writers would do, I toggled the playlist. Now it’s a full hour of The Devil Wears Prada’s Louder than thunder.

I’ve lived practically my whole life in search of the perfect lifetime soundtrack. You know when you were just a kid and you’ve just seen the very first installment of The Matrix, you’d then realize that, what if everything in this world is really just pre determined by some binary code? Trust me. I’ve been there too. But my added thought to that delirious mentality of “Mr Smith eats world” is that “Boy, I hope these guy are listening to some sick shit on their audio players right now!”

You see, as previously studied on my 3rd year in Psychology, music really does influence a person’s general temperament. Take the “emo kids” for example. They listen to The Used, they think about death and then you make them listen to Rebecca Black’s Friday, they still think about death… on a Saturday! Music is literally, life. I mean imagine the early Homo sapiens hunting for the annual mammoth bonfire feast without the necessary chants and hymns for good luck. Or the film “Apocalypse now” without Wagner’s Ride of the Valkyries. Music, as the early hippies explain, is the easiest and safest medium for astral transport. This from kids who toke for breakfast, drop acid for lunch and munch on hash brownies for dinner. 

All in all, life is basically a huge playlist. So in celebration of my recently realized motto about life and music, I will be listing 5 very common events of my life this recent year and their corresponding soundtracks: 
  • Weekends – Live, Don’t just exist (NeverEnding Weekend)




No comments:

Post a Comment