Friday, February 3, 2012

Channeling your inner Tyler Durden...

Tyler Durden.

This ruthless son-of-a-hippocampus-twice-removed-by-his-biological-hypothalamus has been known in contemporary history as the Father of Fight Club. Yes, that double-standard club where the eight initial rules were just the beginning of a communistic Nottingham-ish project for freedom and peace, ironically called "Mayhem".

Here are six ways of channeling the Durdens in all of us. Yes, all of us behind the desk with daily routines of coffee, water, piss breaks (I would call it cigarette breaks except that I don't smoke), water, fax, occasional pish posh with colleagues, basically the 8-hour long unmitigated-mentally-draining-tasks as a product of four long years of sleepless nights, deadlines and hardcore memorization generally called "College". To all the losers out there, get ready to smack your own faces and live!

  • Try something new. Screw the routine! Geez! This one's a cliche but yes. Twenty-four years of doing, liking, and loving the same old things since you were five years old is boring! Ride a roller coaster and barf on the the kid next to you if you have to. Courage is the road to freedom, and perseverance is your Ford Mustang!
  • Break away from the norms. Now this one is hard. Deviance is well, eccentric! But if the norms is being a bitch on you, then banging it continuously only makes it a slut! But I'm not saying break away from the MORAL norms. Well, if you want to, go ahead! hahaha
  • Be in-touch with your "weirdness". You see, I've always believed that everyone of us is weird. Eccentric, exactly! But I guess only those dubbed as geeks, nerds, wackos and that common spectrum are the ones brave enough to embrace them.
  • Leave a legacy. To Durden, well, the Fight Club was his noble prize. One man (technically 2 altering personalities) with his persona and charisma indeed made him a Gandhi of some sort. But kids, if you're reading this then always remember that the ends does not justify the means especially if you get caught!
  • Other people's griefs only makes you weaker. Yup! Damn right. You know, I'm thankful that my friends are not all prissy on me whenever I'm in trouble or depressed because I've always believed that the reasons why people suddenly-become-comforting-and-shit is that somewhere in their subconsciousness, they're thankful that they're not in a deeper shit than I am. So, if you have this mentality, then I suggest... I'm not even going to share the animosities in my head right now. But I guess generally, they're just (plain and simply) comforting. 
  • and lastly, NEVER EVER take medications for Insomnia! haha! I mean HELLOOOOOOO, Tyler Durden is a sexier, wittier and a braver persona than our ordinary personalities. Especially if we're lucky enough to have him as Brad Pitt!

Not that I'm suggesting the emergence of your other psyche personalitites but I guess the existence of Tyler Durden in all of us is, by common sense, a big fat reality slap in the face. That YES! YES I'm better than that airhead superior! Or YES, I can make a change. Tyler Durden is in all of us, whether we channel him/her out by force or not, we'd eventually realize that such persona exists because (the reason is right in front of all us all along), we are our own relief in contemporary and eventuality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment