Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The truth behind pleasing everybody...

... is that you can NEVER (in a billion years) please them at all! Humans have always had that basic tinge in their DNA to pull others down. I mean, if you can't beat them in an argument, might as well correct their grammar, right? The primal need to win has been in our system even at the very moment of conception because, you know, we're technically the glorious champions in the race for our mom's gametes. 

They say, life is a huge rat race and it's always up to the intensity of our cheats that'll pull us through, but for me, I guess I'll pass on the cheating and pleasing. Save myself from potential strain. If life truly is a race (of I don't know where to) then I guess I'll just have to enjoy the view, stop thinking about the finish line, take as many breather breaks as I can and finish the whole thing like the winner that I know I am. Life may be a race but it's not about losing or winning, it's about falling and rising again, sprinting and walking, breathing and gasping. Perhaps the only opponent we have here is time, so stop pleasing everybody, the more you do, the lesser time gets. 

So, I digress. The truth behind pleasing everybody is a lie. Yes, you can't please everybody, but if you insist, then at least please everybody who matters.

Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter. ~ Dr. Seuss 

No comments:

Post a Comment