Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday

“And when we retire, we can write the Gospels so they’ll still talk about us when we die..”

Everyone has practically memorized the whole plot, Jesus’ passion. Growing up, our usual Lenten Sunday school session would always point out the excruciating pain our Savior had to go through for the salvation of the very people who condemned him of divine fraud. I mean, His mortality cannot be denied, but His divinity has been the subject of debate some two millennia after His resurrection. 

I asked my 9-year old niece once, on who she thought killed Jesus Christ. Her answer might have probably been the same as mine when I was her age, “Jesus was killed by the bad people.” Of course He was. 

Politics had always been the name game even during Christ’s time. It was sheer politics who saw Him as a threat, a radical who could very well change the system of corruption and mass hysteria. Jesus Christ was a man, but it was His bravery, commitment, charity and selflessness that made Him divine. Yes, He was the Son of God, I mean, aren’t we all? But of all God’s children, it was Jesus who was chosen and it was He who accepted a life stripped off of convenience and peace. His courage and sacrifice made Him divine. A once nameless carpenter, who has chosen to live a life of scrutiny by not asking for anything in return.

Jesus Christ was human, yes he was, but holy and divine? You tell me…

A man who was eager to die for the salvation of the very people who placed Him on the cross, THAT is not human. That’s not even animal instinct. If you’ve figured out what it is, then let me know.

I am NOT a blind follower, but if you have something against my Christ… I don’t know. I don’t think I’ll ever understand such mentality because if “not believing in Him” has brought you good, then BELIEVING in Him has brought me so much better.

All in all, whether He be a man or the Son of God or even God Himself, Jesus Christ was indeed a Savior to a faithful few and to a million oblivious others. He truly was a King, the only King who sacrificed Himself so that we may all be directed to the path of eternal bliss in His Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment