Tuesday, August 7, 2012

If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?


*I was mentally speaking in a Scottish accent while drafting this entry. #whatanerd!

If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?

Honestly don’t know how to answer that, really. I mean, I don’t think I’m at that stage of my almost-quarter-life to be sulking in crisis over countless “what-could’ve-beens”.  No really, I can’t think of any. Not that I’m being an arrogant git, but, everything in my life has been set in an okay motion, no matter how much of a pain in the neck most of them were.  

Jasmine was perhaps the very first Disney princess that I've grown to idolize. She was fierce and smart and cunning (and yes, by all three, I mean, kissing the main villain square in the mouth for distraction). Next came Mulan. The perfect tomboy, who, not only pulled-off the perfect Queen Amidala-Padme decoy/deception, but is also apparently the only female Disney protagonist who was technically not (or did not become) a princess. And then, Merida of clan DunBroch came into the picture.

Technically the Mulan of medieval Scotland, Merida not only made me sob (which I forcefully tried to do in my most discreet manner because this kid beside me keeps staring at me like I'm this eccentric 24-year old who still cries at Disney movies) like a 9-year old avid-Disney-channel-fan all throughout the film, she also, in a sense, inspired me to literally, LET ME HERR DOUWWN.

The tale of The Bear and The Archer was something all of us can learn from, implying that, fate is not something that can be changed by a dessert-baked-spell, overnight. Heck, I don’t think fate can be changed by anything that’s brewed or baked at all (unless your desired fate is in a correctional-rehabilitation facility)! Fate is what keeps all of us going, because no matter how many detours the mythical wisps lead us in life, we’ll ALWAYS get the fate that we all deserve.  

Change your fate, live by the moment or carefully plan the number of steps you have to tread along life’s yellow brick road, it doesn’t matter, we build our own fates, we break them, we change them. The main thing is, we learn from them as we tread along.

2 comments: